Recipe by Maureen in MA
This is from the La Choy Collection of Favorite Recipes, and a dish that both my husband and I enjoy. It is easy to make, healthy, and easy clean-up.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was really good! Made as written and used fresh mushrooms that I only cut in half so they were large enough for DH to pick out but they still soaked up the flavor! I served this also with recipe#511941 511941 and it made for a great meal. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
- 1 lb round steak, 1 inch thick, cut across grain into thin strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (canned may be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained (or 1 16-oz can sliced peaches, drained)
- 2 (5 ounce) cans chow mein noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In wok or skillet, cook beef and onion in oil until meat browns; about 5 minutes.
- Add beef broth and mushrooms, cooking 5 minutes more.
- Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and water. Stir into meat mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in vegetables and fruit. Heat until hot.
- Serve immediately with chow mein noodles.