Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found at MrBreakfast. http://www.mrbreakfast.com/superdisplay.asp?recipeid=1553 La Bouillie is a hot breakfast cereal from the African country of Chad.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup rice (you can also use wheat)
- 3 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons wheat
- millet or cornflour
- juice from one whole lemon
- milk, as desired
- sugar, as desired
- In a large sauce pan, bring 3 cups of the water to a boil. Add rice.
- In a bowl, combine peanut butter with remaining cup of water. Stir until peanut butter is nearly all dissolved. Add mixture to cooking rice. Allow water to return to a boil and add the wheat, millet or corn flour.
- When cereal nears desired thickness, remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and cover.
- Add milk and sugr to achieve desired sweetness and thickness.
- Serve warm.
This is unlike anything I've tried before, and I'm sure glad I did. I scaled it down to one and made exactly as written, it was delicious! I added fresh berries to the mix, and loved it. Made for ZWT 7 :)
I made a portion of this for one and DD and I shared. It was delicious and a great snack for any time of day. I used crunchy peanut butter and skim milk. Made for ZWT 7.