Recipe by Stacia_
Hot and spicy!
Top Review by mysticesky
OMG! My husband is Kurdish, (he has been in the states only 2 years) and we fight about the Carrots all the time, he says and I quote "Carrots are for Jam or pickles, not the food and oh there OK if you eat them raw by them self's, nothing else"
- 1 cup red lentil
- 1⁄3 cup skinned wheat berries or 1⁄3 cup white rice
- 1⁄4 cup chickpeas, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 italian frying green bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into small pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 -2 whole dried hot red chili pepper
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the lentils, wheat berries, chickpeas, and 2 quarts of water in a large pot.
- Cover, bring to a boil, and skim carefully.
- Add the vegetables, tomato paste, and hot peppers.
- Cook, covered, for 1 hour.
- Add the salt and cook 30 minutes longer, or until the chickpeas are fully cooked. Serves 6.