Hot and spicy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup red lentil
- 1/3 cup skinned wheat berries or 1/3 cup white rice
- 1/4 cup chickpeas, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 italian frying green bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 -2 whole dried hot red chili pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1Combine the lentils, wheat berries, chickpeas, and 2 quarts of water in a large pot.
- 2Cover, bring to a boil, and skim carefully.
- 3Add the vegetables, tomato paste, and hot peppers.
- 4Cook, covered, for 1 hour.
- 5Add the salt and cook 30 minutes longer, or until the chickpeas are fully cooked. Serves 6.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kurdish Spicy Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 92.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: