Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Kurdish Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups lentils
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (optional)
- Put shelled yellow or red lentils in a medium heavy pot, and cover with cold water by 3 or 4 inches (about 10 cups).
- Bring to a quick boil, skimming froth as needed.
- Lower heat to low and let simmer, covered, until lentils are thoroughly cooked, about 30 minutes.
- For a creamy texture, whisk the mixture with a whip until smooth, a few minutes.
- Add salt, black pepper, curry powder, and broken vermicelli noodles.
- Stir well.
- Keep simmering and stir occasionally to prevent soup from sticking to the bottom of the pot until soup is nicely thickened, about 15 minutes.