This is a great Kung Pao Chicken recipe. I have tried a lot of recipes and there is a lot of variations out there. I always end up making this basic recipe because the whole family enjoys and it can be spiced it up diffently when you want a differnt taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut up chicken in 1/2 inch pieces and coat with 2 tsp corn starch an set aside.
- 2Mix the soy sauce, 4 tbls water and sugar and set aside.
- 3Mix 1 tbls water and 1 tsp corn starch and set aside.
- 4Heat up wok with 3 tbls of peanut oil.
- 5Add chili peppers and cook for 15 seconds.
- 6Add chicken and stir fry until cooked.
- 7Drain the oil from the wok.
- 8Add crushed red pepper flakes, green onions, ginger, peanuts and stir fry.
- 9Add sherry and rice vinegar and stir fry.
- 10Add soy sauce mixture and bring to a rolling boil.
- 11Add cornstarch mixture and stir until it thickens.
- 12Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kung Pao Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.7
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 591.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 31.5 g