Recipe by RSCOX62
This is a great Kung Pao Chicken recipe. I have tried a lot of recipes and there is a lot of variations out there. I always end up making this basic recipe because the whole family enjoys and it can be spiced it up diffently when you want a differnt taste.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 red chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up chicken in 1/2 inch pieces and coat with 2 tsp corn starch an set aside.
- Mix the soy sauce, 4 tbls water and sugar and set aside.
- Mix 1 tbls water and 1 tsp corn starch and set aside.
- Heat up wok with 3 tbls of peanut oil.
- Add chili peppers and cook for 15 seconds.
- Add chicken and stir fry until cooked.
- Drain the oil from the wok.
- Add crushed red pepper flakes, green onions, ginger, peanuts and stir fry.
- Add sherry and rice vinegar and stir fry.
- Add soy sauce mixture and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir until it thickens.
- Serve with rice.