Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a meatball dish from Romania. I found it on a website while trying to find a meatball dish my great-grandmother use to make. I havn't tried them yet but will let you know when I do. If you try them first let me know what seasonings you use. I put this here for now because I came to the realization that I don't make anything unless its in my Recipezaar cookbook anymore. I think this is from The Hadassah Jewish Holiday Cookbook and they recomend it for Passover. I hope you enjoy it. Cooking times are guesses.
- Season ground beef to taste and roll into small meatballs.
- Dip each meatball into beaten egg, then matzo meal, then egg again, and matzo meal.
- Spoon oil into skillet and heat.
- Brown meatballs in heated oil on all sides, then drain on paper towels.
- Transfer meatballs to 3-quart saucepan and pour in borscht.
- Cover and simmer slowly about 1 hour.
- Serve meatballs with pot juices, garnished with herb sprigs.