1 hr 20 mins
This is a meatball dish from Romania. I found it on a website while trying to find a meatball dish my great-grandmother use to make. I havn't tried them yet but will let you know when I do. If you try them first let me know what seasonings you use. I put this here for now because I came to the realization that I don't make anything unless its in my Recipezaar cookbook anymore. I think this is from The Hadassah Jewish Holiday Cookbook and they recomend it for Passover. I hope you enjoy it. Cooking times are guesses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season ground beef to taste and roll into small meatballs.
- 2Dip each meatball into beaten egg, then matzo meal, then egg again, and matzo meal.
- 3Spoon oil into skillet and heat.
- 4Brown meatballs in heated oil on all sides, then drain on paper towels.
- 5Transfer meatballs to 3-quart saucepan and pour in borscht.
- 6Cover and simmer slowly about 1 hour.
- 7Serve meatballs with pot juices, garnished with herb sprigs.
Nutritional Facts for Kuftellis
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.3
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 147.6 mg
- Sodium 98.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: