Delicious and healthy, this bread comes from the Michigan Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
small l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften yeast in lukewarm water.
- 2Add milk, nuts, sugar, molsses, butter, salt and graham or whole wheat flour.
- 3Beat well and add enough white flour to knead until dough is smooth and no longer sticky.
- 4Cover and let rise until doubled.
- 5Punch down and shape into loaves; place in greased bread pans and let rise again until doubled in bulk.
- 6While dough is raising, preheat oven to 375°F.
- 7Bake loaves for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350F and continue baking for 40 minutes longer.
- 8Turn out onto cooling racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kropbrood - Graham Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2039 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2018.5
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 1202.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 363.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.7 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 59.5 g