Recipe by Nikki Kate
These are a very good cookie. They went together very quickly. I found this recipe in the Mrs. Field's cookbook.
Top Review by Dixie Vader
These cookies were delicious! I didn't have any chocolate candy, so I used chocolate chips. It still tasted great. However, I only had to cook them for 15 minutes. I also only used 1/2 cup of chocolate instead of 1 1/2 cups. Thanks for the recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (I used cocoa crispy)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crispy rice chocolate candy bars, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, and soda. Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer at medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Scrape down sides of bowl, then add egg and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture, rice cereal and chocolate chunks. Blend at low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 22-24 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies with spatula to a cool, flat surface.