Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A rich, crisp cookie, often served with tea in South Africa. Posted for ZWT 2006.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg yolk
- almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- In bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and stir into the butter mixture.
- Roll dough about 1/4 inch thick. Brush with the egg yolk, then sprinkle generously with sugar and then the almonds.
- Cut into narrow strips. Form each strip into a figure-8 shape.
- Bake on lightly greased baking sheet 8-10 minutes.
sounds and tastes good it is simple yet eligant easy to make insuch little time