Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This came from my Grandfather who was Greek. These cookies are a tradition amoung Greek people and are served as a good luck token, at weddings, Baptisms, and other celebrations
- Melt butter over medium heat, bring to a boil and stir occasionally.
- Remove and allow to stand until foam forms on top.
- Remove foam with spoon and gently pour into a bowl leaving sediment in pot.
- Place bowl in refrigerator until butter is firm, but not hard.
- then beat until very light and creamy add 1 cup sugar, egg yolk and anisette.
- Continue to beat, add flour 1 cup at a time working last cup by hand.
- Dough should be soft but not sticky if needed add the extra flour a little at a time.
- Form into 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350F degrees.
- Cookies will be set but not brown.
- Sift half of the powdered sugar on a large sheet of waxed paper.
- Place warm cookie on sugar and sift rest of powdered sugar on top and sides.
- Cool thoroughly before serving.