Kourambiethes (Greek Butter Cookies)
Kourambiethes, or Greek butter cookies, are an easy, delicious and traditional Greek pastry.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 ounce whiskey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup additional powdered sugar for rolling cookie
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat together butter and the 4 Tablespoons of powdered sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Beat in egg. Add whiskey, vanilla and almond extract. Beat well. Sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add to mixture; stir in, do not beat. Dough should be soft but not sticky.
- Pinch off one inch balls of dough and shape into crescents. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Place cookies on wire rack and let cool for about 5 to 6 minutes. Roll in additional powdered sugar. This easy recipe makes 3 dozen cookies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation