Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a GH cook booklet. Sliced steak simmered in a rich soy-ginger sauce and served in Boston lettuce leaves. Adjust chili to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb top round steak, cut into cubes
- 4 celery ribs, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 head boston lettuce, separated into leaves
- In medium bowl, stir soy sauce, Splenda, oil, ginger, pepper and garlic until blended. Stir in beef and marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat celery, carrots and water to boiling. Cook 2-3 minutes or until veges are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef and marinade, cook 2-3 minutes, or until meat just loses its pink color, stirring constantly.
- Stir in green onions and sesame seeds and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and serve wrapped in lettuce leaves.
Wonderful! Great idea thanks! I thought I had bought the lettuce leaves for this but when it came time to get them out...I didn't have any. All I had on hand was a bag of chopped romaine. So I placed 1 cup of the romaine on a place. Scooped about 1 cup of the hot korean steak mixture over the top and sprinkled the "Salad" with rice wine vinegar. THANKS