Recipe by KeyWee
This recipe is being posted in answer to a recipe request. Some of the ingredients and directions are unusual, so trial & error may be in order here! Sounds very spicy to me.
- 10 ounces firm white fish fillets (cut into chunks)
- 4 large shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 8 ounces daikon radishes (Chinese white radish)
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 green onion
- 10 clams
- dried kelp (dashima 2"x3")
- 2 tablespoons ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon red bean paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger juice
- parsley (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut daikon into 1"x1" x 1/4" pieces.
- Deseed chili pepper& cut diagonally into 1/4" slices.
- Cut green onion into 2" pieces.
- Mix red pepper, bean paste, soy sauce, garlic, ginger juice& sugar.
- In soup pot, bring four cups of water to a boil, add clams and boil until they open.
- Take clams out of pot, add kelp to pot& boil 2 minutes.
- Put daikon pieces into seasonings& mix well.
- Add this mixture to pot& boil until daikon is cooked.
- Add fish& shrimp, boil until cooked.
- Add clams, green onion& chili pepper slices.
- Add salt to taste, chopped parlsey, and serve.