Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Very good and simple. Serve with rice, steamed bean sprouts, steamed spinach and steamed shredded carrots.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 green onion (minced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup homemade chicken stock
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pollock (in large chunks)
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add onion and garlic. Sauté 1 minute.
- Stir in the soy sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes and stock.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce. Simmer until reduced to 1/3 cup. Let cool.
- Season and stir in oil.
- Toss with fish. Let stand 1 hour.
- Heat broiler.
- Broil fish 5 minutes each side.