Recipe by Wescott
This is a mildly sweet and very refreshing Korean beverage. It is sometimes served after the meal in Korean restaurants. This is an easy method using a crock-pot or a large rice cooker.
- 1 1⁄2 gallons cold fresh water
- 1 1⁄3 cups barley malt (broken)
- 1 cup partially cooked medium grained white rice
- 1 -2 cup sugar
- 48 pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Put barley in 1 gal of water and let soak for 2 hours. Mix the barley with hands until the water becomes cloudy. Strain liquid out and set aside. Repeat using the remaining 1/2 gal.
- Put the partially cooked rice into the liquid and mix with your hands until no rice is clumped together. Pour liquid and rice mixture into the crock-pot and put on warm for 4-5 hours. Some of the rice will start to float on the surface.
- Pour the mix into a large pot and bring to a boil over low heat(so the mix doesn't burn). Add sugar to taste. Remove from heat and place in refrigerator to cool.
- To serve mix well and put 2-3 pine nuts in each glass for garnish.