Recipe by Bergy
Wait til you taste these mushrooms - we love them. The sesame flavor compliments the mushrooms. BBQ or Grill. Serve them with any meal. Great with Asian food a steak BBQ or any where that you would serve mushrooms - This recipe was originally from the column "The Chopping Block" Prep & cooking time does not include the marinating time
- 12 ounces large white mushrooms, cleaned, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 2 bunches large green onions, white parts cut in 1/2-inch pieces, chop1/4 cup of the green parts & set aside
- 2 medium green peppers, deseeded, cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (I use lite)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- bamboo skewer, soaked in water for at least an hour
Directions See How It's Made
- Alternately thread the mushroom, green onion & green pepper on your skewers. Thread the mushrooms & peppers so they will lay flat on the grill.
- Place skewers in one layer in a snug flat dish.
- Mix together the soy,sugar, oil, garlic, black pepper and 1 tbsp of the sesame seeds.
- Pour the marinade over the skewered mushrooms, flip the skewers so both sides are well coated.cover place in the fridge for 30 minutes up to 2 hours.turn them once.
- Preheat grill or broiler to high.
- Grill or broil the skewers brushing them with the marinade.
- Cook until browned 3-5 minutes per side.
- Just before serving sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds and chopped green onions - serve hot.