Korean Grilled Heart Kebabs(Yomt'ong Kui)
- Ready In:
- 1 beef heart, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine (ch'onju or chinese rice wine)
- 1 Asian pears, grated or 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 green onions, green and white part, finely minced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 6 walnut halves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- black pepper, to taste
- Clean and trim the heart of the outer membrane and any excess fat(this is very easy as there is very little actual fat inside the heart,most of it will be outside the muscle tissue).
- Using a sharp knife ,cut the meat into strips about 1/2-1 '' wide and almost paper thin.
- Mix all marinade ingredients,mix with the meat,massaging everything together and marinade overnight.Start a fire about 30 minutes before cooking time-charcoal is best but your preference.
- thread the meat strips onto skewers ,passing the skewers through the meat several times lengthwise.
- Grill about 4 minutes per side or until done to your liking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!