Recipe by Pinay0618
I love this recipe, packed with baby spinach and bean sprouts. Can be served over rice or rice noodles. Recipe is from Eating Well.
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoonsreduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 ounces flank steaks, trimmed of fat and very thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 4 cups mung bean sprouts
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mirin, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spread steak out in the pan and cook until seared on one side, about 1 minute. Add garlic, jalapeno and ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add bean sprouts and spinach (the pan will be very full). Pour the mirin mixture into the pan and stir gently until the sauce thickens and the spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes. Stir in cilantro and sesame oil. Serve topped with sesame seeds (if using).