Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This dish is best marinated overnight. Great served over rice or rice noodles.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm tofu, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons sugar or 6 tablespoons artificial sweetener, of your choice
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced fine or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Marinate tofu at least 2 hours (overnight is best) in a mixture of ingredients #2-#6.
- Brown with sides in a skillet in the oil.
- Garnish with chopped green onion, mushrooms and snow peas.
I liked this combination of flavors for the tofu! The only changes ...I added fresh chopped ginger to marinade. I served it with snap pea salad...very good! Thanks for posting!