Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are my favorite cookies. This is my Grandma's recipe
Make and share this Kolache Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter, cream cheese, milk, with the yolk and sugar.
- Add flour.
- Mix well.
- Chill dough for 15-20 minute.
- Roll dough on a floured board, or cloth.
- Cut with a round or square cutter. (the top of a glass or cup works fine, flour the rim of the glass/cup first).
- Place a tablespoon of pie filling in the center, of the pastry and pinch two sides together.
- Bake at 400 for 10-14.
- After cookies cool sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Like the previous reviewer I, too, had to add quite a bit of extra flour to make the dough firm enough to roll out. Perhaps because of the extra flour, I thought the cookie part was rather dry and doughy. I shared them with my husband and with a neighbor. They both agreed with my assessment of the dough, but they did think the cookies were good overall.
I love these cookies. My grandfather used to make them, unfortunately he passed away without leaving us a written recipe, so I was glad to find one here. However, I found the flour wasn't quite enough - I needed to add almost 2 more cups to make the dough easily rollable without sticking to the table. Otherwise, they were delicious, and very easy to make. Thank you for sharing!