Kolatki/Kolacki (Ukrainian Christmas Cookies via Czechoslovakia)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, sugar, egg yolks and lemon zest.
- Stir in flour, creating stiff dough.
- Mold dough into hamburger-size patties and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Roll patty out 1/8-1/4 inch thick, preferably on chilled marble or glass cutting board.
- Cut dough into 2 1/2 inch squares.
- Place squares on cookie sheet (ungreased is OK).
- In each square, dab about 1/3 teaspoon pastry filling.
- Fold one corner halfway over pastry so that it points to opposite corner.
- With pastry brush, dab egg white onto folded corner.
- Fold opposite corner onto folded corner.
- Press lightly to fix with egg white.
- Optional: Brush egg white over top of cookie and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes or until edges are slightly brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!