Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My son lives in Kodiak and he sent me the recipe. Haven't tried it yet. Would be great for pot lucks, as it serves 16-20.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 4 cups diced onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium green peppers, diced
- 4 cups diced celery
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) jar stuffed green olives, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -4 cups egg noodles, cooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef with onions and garlic; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 hour or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
I found this recipe in a little cookbook from Taste of Home and have made it several times. It is excellent (minus the mushrooms as I don't like them). I usually make it in two 9-inch by 13-inch pans as I don't have a Dutch oven big enough. Reduce baking time to 25-30 minutes (until hot and bubbly). You can vary the taste depending on what flavour barbecue sauce you choose. It is very easy to make and great for potlucks (taking it to one tomorrow -- Dec. 30/2007).