I'm not sure if this recipe originated with Loretta LaRoche, a humorist/stress management consultant, but it ends with her quote. In any case, it’s the easiest, quickest, most heavenly chocolate delight you can imagine. (No bowl...almost no stir) Lock the door & turn on the oven, honey!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix Bisquick, 1/2 cup sugar and 3 T. cocoa in a greased 8" x 8" glass baking dish. (I use a disposable aluminum pan sprayed with PAM.) Stir in the milk (or half & half) and vanilla until blended.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup cocoa and 1/2 cup sugar. DO NOT STIR!
- Sprinkle nuts over the top, if desired. Pour hot water over the top and DO NOT STIR!
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. The top will look and taste like a brownie, but underneath will be a YUMMERS rich hot chocolate sauce. If you serve it with vanilla ice cream, it's so good it'll Knock you Naked! (See why you locked the door?).
- In the words of Loretta LaRoche, "Life is short, so wear your party pants!".