Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm not sure if this recipe originated with Loretta LaRoche, a humorist/stress management consultant, but it ends with her quote. In any case, it’s the easiest, quickest, most heavenly chocolate delight you can imagine. (No bowl...almost no stir) Lock the door & turn on the oven, honey!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix Bisquick, 1/2 cup sugar and 3 T. cocoa in a greased 8" x 8" glass baking dish. (I use a disposable aluminum pan sprayed with PAM.) Stir in the milk (or half & half) and vanilla until blended.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup cocoa and 1/2 cup sugar. DO NOT STIR!
- Sprinkle nuts over the top, if desired. Pour hot water over the top and DO NOT STIR!
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. The top will look and taste like a brownie, but underneath will be a YUMMERS rich hot chocolate sauce. If you serve it with vanilla ice cream, it's so good it'll Knock you Naked! (See why you locked the door?).
- In the words of Loretta LaRoche, "Life is short, so wear your party pants!".
Definitely don't attempt this recipe without an ample supply of ice cream in the house. The chocolate sauce is divine and simply screams for ice cream. There are only two of us and we nearly finished it off the first night. With a burned tongue I ate the rest for breakfast. (See why you need the ice cream available)?
We followed the recipe exactly, but it just wasn't to our taste. It reminded my kids of a sundae, but they thought it was a little bitter. It tasted best served with icecream and it was better the second day. I think it was just not traditional enough. Thanks for sharing. :)