Use a gas grill with lots of power- at least 40,000 BTUs for this hearty salad drizzled with lemon vinaigrette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 large onion, sliecd 1/2 inch thick
- 2 small eggplants, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 2 (6 ounce) zucchini, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- 2 (6 ounce) yellow squash, sliced crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, quartered lengthwise (1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 lb fresh goat cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1Light a grill.
- 2In a mortar, pound the halved garlic to a paste with 1 teaspoon salt- Stir in 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and the lemon juice.
- 3In a small skillet, cook the pine nuts over moderate heat until toasted, about 3 minutes.
- 4Thread the onion slices onto two parallel 10-inch skewers.
- 5Put the eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash slices on 2 large rimmed baking sheets; brush both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Brush the bell peppers and lettuce with olive oil.
- 7Grill the vegetables over a medium hot fire, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and just tender.
- 8The onion will take about 5 minutes per side; the eggplant, zucchini and squast, about 3 minutes per side; the peppers, about 3 minutes on each of 4 sides; the lettuce wedges, about 1 minute per side.
- 9Scrape the charred skin from the peppers, discard the stems and seeds and cut into strips.
- 10Put a lettuce wedge on each plate, then mound the vegetables on the lettuce and sprinkle with the feta cheese and toasted pine nuts.
- 11Pass the lemon vinaigrette at the table.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Knife and Fork Grilled Vegetable Salad
Serving Size: 1 (740 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.0
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 181.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.0 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 14.8 g