Recipe by Ridgely
If you live near a Kneaders bakery, their stuffing recipe is the way to go! Stuffing made with Asiago Cheese Croutons is out of this world! If you don't live near a Kneaders and can find Asaigo cheese bread to make your own croutons you will definately want to give this recipe a try. I do add to their original recipe, cooked pork sausage, but either way it is good! It takes about 3 pkgs of croutons for a 9 X 13. I am guessing it is 9 cups.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 (14 ounce) chicken broth
- 9 cups kneaders asiago cheese croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- Place croutons in large bowl.
- Brown celery and onion in butter, add pepper and chicken broth.
- In another skillet brown sausage.
- Pour vegetable mixture and sausage over croutons.
- If the mixture is not wet enough add ¼ to ½ cup of water or chicken broth.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 25 to 35 minutes.