Recipe by Member #610488
I was recently digging through some recipes that my parent's Japanese maid used while my father (US Navy) was stationed in Yokosuka, Japan during the late '60's and found this really easy salad.
- 3 cups very thinly sliced cucumbers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Partly peel cucumbers leaving strips of green, and slice very thin.
- Add salt to cucumbers and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Press excess liquid from cucumbers and add to sauce. Mix well.
- Add cucumbers to sauce.
- Chill and serve as a relish or salad.