Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This comes from 1001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes. Posting for ZWT3.
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 5 medium kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- Place pie crust in t 9-inch pan. Line with weights and bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan; stir in milk and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir about ½ of the milk mixture into egg mixture; stir egg mixture back into the saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Spoon hot custard into cooled pie crust, spreading evenly; cool to room temperature.
- Lightly cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 2-4 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, arrange kiwi slices in overlapping circles on custard.