Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was originally made for me by a friend in New Zealand using Kumera. Sweet potato is the closest I can find to Kumera. You can finish off the soup with coconut cream swirled into the bowl to make this good but not so pretty soup more appealing!
- Melt butter in stockpot.
- Add onions and cook till soft.
- Add spinach and water & bullion.
- Bring to a boil then add sweet potatoes.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft (time will depend on how small they are chopped).
- Remove from heat and puree with immersion blender or in blender in small batches.
- Season with nutmeg salt & pepper.