Recipe by Kiwiwife
This was originally made for me by a friend in New Zealand using Kumera. Sweet potato is the closest I can find to Kumera. You can finish off the soup with coconut cream swirled into the bowl to make this good but not so pretty soup more appealing!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 6 cups water
- 4 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled & chopped (about 4 cups)
- nutmeg, to taste
- salt & pepper
- coconut cream (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in stockpot.
- Add onions and cook till soft.
- Add spinach and water & bullion.
- Bring to a boil then add sweet potatoes.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft (time will depend on how small they are chopped).
- Remove from heat and puree with immersion blender or in blender in small batches.
- Season with nutmeg salt & pepper.