1/2 Photos of Kittencal's Spaghetti and Meatball Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
This is a wonderful change from your everyday spaghetti and meatballs, I make this with my Kittencal's Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce and Parmesan Meatballs *and* Kittencal's Italian Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs but of coarse you may use your own favorite meatball and pasta sauce or use two 28-ounce jars of purchased spaghetti sauce, really you can use any amount of spaghetti sauce and meatballs you desire. Prep time does not include preparing or baking the meatballs. Serve this with garlic bread on the side and a small salad if desired :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef (made into you favorite meatball recipe)
- 1 (16 ounce) package thin spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 (28 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce (or use your own favorite sauce)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 2Prepare your own favorite meatball recipe, then shape into about 1-1/2-inch balls.
- 3Place the meatballs onto a greased baking sheet and bake until thoroughly cooked (about 22-25 minutes at 375 degrees) set the meatballs aside.
- 4Boil the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling water until just al dente; drain then place into a large bowl.
- 5Toss the spaghetti with 3 tablespoons oil; cool slightly, then add in eggs, 1-1/2 cups mozzeralla cheese, 1 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; using clean hands toss until thoroughly combined (you can use a spoon but hands are better!).
- 6Place the spaghetti into prepared baking dish, then press down slightly with hands.
- 7Scatter the cooked meatballs over the spaghetti.
- 8Top with spaghetti sauce over the top making certain to cover the pasta completely.
- 9Cover with foil and bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 10Remove from oven then sprinkle about 1-1/2 cups mozzeralla cheese (or amount desired) over the top, then return to oven uncovered for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- 11Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Spaghetti and Meatball Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 743.5
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 162.0 mg
- Sodium 1823.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 42.4 g