Spaghetti and Meatball Casserole
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Add egg and Parmesan cheese to spaghetti and stir to combine (I used my hands and it worked well).
- Press spaghetti mixture into the bottom of a sprayed 8x8 glass baking dish. Cover spaghetti mixture with a layer of sliced pepperoni. Cover pepperoni with 1/2 c shredded Mozzarella cheese.
- Cook precooked, frozen meatballs according to package directions (I just microwaved them). Cut them in half. Layer the meatball halves over the cheese mixture (number of meatballs is approximate. We used smaller meatballs so adjust to cover the whole casserole).
- Combine spaghetti sauce, garlic powder and dehydrated onion flakes in a bowl. Spoon over meatball layer.
- Sprinkle 1/2 c Mozzarella cheese over the spaghetti sauce mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake approximately another 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Again, the measurements for this recipe are approximately. Please adjust to your own tastes. And I didn't have any on hand but I would've like to have added cooked green peppers to the sauce. So get creative! I'm anxious to hear what combinations everyone comes up with!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The most defining trait in my life is that I am a mother to two wonderful boys (Tyler, 20 and Zayden, 9). I live in the little college town of Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. It is the most wonderful place to live as it's nestled in the Appalachian Mountains and along the beautiful Susquehanna River. Seeing that we live in Central Pennsylvania, our family is also a bunch of HARDCORE Penn State Nittany Lion fans! We are...PENN STATE! I was lucky enough to be given tickets to see Joe Paterno win his 400th game as the head coach of the football team. I cried like I did when my children were born. The other love of my life is cooking. I didn't really start trying to cook until I was 20, but believe me I have made up for lost time! I absolutely adore baking and I do it whenever I can. I love making Christmas cookies and I have begun hosting our extended families at our home for Thanksgiving and Easter dinners. So far so good. I love food.com because it allows me to expand my culinary skills and my recipe box with ideas from other people like me. There is something for everyone and I have been a loyal member since 2005. I hope you enjoy my recipes and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.