Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great lower fat alternative to fried fish, use you choice of fish for this --- all spice amounts may be adjust to taste, depending on the size of your fish fillets you may have some breading left over just refrigerate to use for another time.
- 2 lbs fish fillets (use your choice of fish)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning (rubbed between fingers to release the flavors)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (garlic lovers use more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (can use more or use white salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to lowest position.
- Coat/spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl whisk egg whites with water.
- In a bowl combine the breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese and next 7 dry spices (you may omit the cayenne).
- Dip the fish firstly into the egg whites allowing any excess to drip off.
- Place a small amount of the crumb mixture onto a plate then coat in the breadcrumb mixture pressing down with hands to firmly pack the coating onto the fish adding more crumbs onto the plate as needed to coat each fillet (do not use the whole amount of crumbs on the plate at one time or they may get soggy).
- Place the breaded fish onto baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 500 degree F oven for about 10 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork (baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fillets do not over cook the fillets).
Thank you, Kittencal - Another truly delicious recipe from your kitchen. To ensure a crisp crust on both sides of the fish I put a cooling wire rack in the baking pan, lightly sprayed it with a cooking spray, then added the fish fillets. I also sprayed the tops of the fish for additional crunch and baked per your directions. Excellent!
This is my go-to breaded fish recipe in my book of printouts in my kitchen! So easy to change up the spice blend if you're in the mood for something different, but following the recipe's spice blend is delicious! Thanks for another great one kittencal :)
Another great recipe and I just added this to my favorites, Didn't play with it, real like the taste and texture. But I have to play with my food. To come up with other potential, Before attempting this again, I'll have to figure out what seasonings to use, by reading all of the review, and see that will work for others, and than for me, to make it more flavorful or lot better for me to do, that will be hard to on this! Anyway, excellent to do a SCRATCH on recipes. The more I play with my food, the more I love cooking, to make a recipe that will work for me, that is!! Than I can do the happy food dance!! I've will added this to my recipe book with my additions. THANK YOU!! 5 Stars; no; 8-10 is more like it.