1/4 Photos of Kittencal's Easy Stir and Drop Cheese Biscuits
If your biscuit-challenged then try this I think you will be pleased with the results! for garlic-lovers add in 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder you can also add in dried herbs --- make sure that the buttermilk is very cold when adding in the melted butter this will form small clumps of semi hardened butter that is needed for the success of these biscuits I have suggested in the instructions to put the buttermilk in the freezer--- in place of buttermilk mix 1-1/2 tablespoons white vinegar with milk to equal 1 cup then allow to sit for 10 minutes mixing often --- these are best served still warm :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 425 degrees F (400 degrees F for air-convection oven).
- 2Generously grease a medium baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- 3In a large bowl combine the flour with the next 4 dry ingredients, then mix in the cheese.
- 4Melt 1/2 cup butter in the microwave or on top of the stove, allow to cool at room temperature for 5 minutes while chilling the buttermilk.
- 5Place the buttermilk in the the freezer for 5-7 minutes or until very cold but not frozen (the buttermilk needs to be very cold before adding in the melted butter).
- 6Mix in the 1/2 cup melted butter to cold buttermilk; stir until butter forms small clumps (stir for about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes).
- 7Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients; stir gently using a spatula until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- 8Scoop 1/4-cup batter onto prepared baking sheet spacing the dough about 1-1/2 inches apart.
- 9Bake for about 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Brush the hot biscuits with the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Easy Stir and Drop Cheese Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.5
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 33.6 mg
- Sodium 438.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g