Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
If your biscuit-challenged then try this I think you will be pleased with the results! for garlic-lovers add in 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder you can also add in dried herbs --- make sure that the buttermilk is very cold when adding in the melted butter this will form small clumps of semi hardened butter that is needed for the success of these biscuits I have suggested in the instructions to put the buttermilk in the freezer--- in place of buttermilk mix 1-1/2 tablespoons white vinegar with milk to equal 1 cup then allow to sit for 10 minutes mixing often --- these are best served still warm :)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (for brushing on biscuits after baking)
- Set oven to 425 degrees F (400 degrees F for air-convection oven).
- Generously grease a medium baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the flour with the next 4 dry ingredients, then mix in the cheese.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in the microwave or on top of the stove, allow to cool at room temperature for 5 minutes while chilling the buttermilk.
- Place the buttermilk in the the freezer for 5-7 minutes or until very cold but not frozen (the buttermilk needs to be very cold before adding in the melted butter).
- Mix in the 1/2 cup melted butter to cold buttermilk; stir until butter forms small clumps (stir for about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes).
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients; stir gently using a spatula until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Scoop 1/4-cup batter onto prepared baking sheet spacing the dough about 1-1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush the hot biscuits with the remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter.
These are great! Quick to make with delicious results and practically no clean up. I rarely go through the trouble to roll out biscuits since I can make these!
Easy to make as well as delicious. These are ingredients I always have on hand. It quick and simple to mix up and bake in a hurry. thank again for another great reciepe.
Very good biscuits. Lite, moist and flavor.
I added garlic powder and parsley.