Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I made this for my son when he was small and I still make it, it's so good and so easy just mix and freeze! ---two packages Kool-Aid should be fine but I always use 2-1/2 packages for a stronger flavor, I make this using either cherry, lime, orange, raspberry or strawberry Kool-Aid -- for reduced fat use all low-fat or fat-free milk but it will not be as creamy --- WARNING, this is very addicting be prepared to eat half at one sitting, servings are only esitmated :)
Top Review by Newmsy
My nephew & niece loved this! (I did too!) I mixed it up just as listed, but served it a bit different. I cut it into chunks & mixed it up in my magic bullet with a little non fat milk for milkshakes.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix (for a stronger flavor use 2-1/2 packages)
- 2 cups sugar (can use a little less)
- 5 cups half-and-half cream (or use half each milk and cream, 1 more cup won't hurt)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl whisk together all ingredients vigorously until no sugar granules remain (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add in more sugar if needed.
- Transfer to a 9 x 9-inch dish.
- Freeze until frozen (about 5 hours).
- Scoop out of dish as needed, or scoop the entire mixture into a plastic container then cover with a lid.