Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family *LOVES* this salad, I make often in the summer with sweet cherry tomatoes from my garden, feel free to adjust all ingredient amounts and add in other ingeredints also, you can sub feta for Parmesan, use your favorite Caesar dressing or use my Kittencal's Famous Caesar Salad. Prep time does not include cooking the tortellini.
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini (cooked and rinsed under cold water)
- 1 head romaine lettuce (torn into small pieces)
- 1 cup prepared creamy caesar salad dressing (can use less, I use Kittencal's Famous Caesar Salad)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 10 large cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 cups caesar-flavor croutons (see my Kittencal's Garlic Croutons)
- black pepper (to taste)
- salt (optional and to taste)
- In a medium bowl combine the cooked tortellini with chopped lettuce, Caesar dressing and Parmesan cheese; toss well to coat.
- Season with black pepper to taste and salt if desired.
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and croutons.
- Serve immediately.
Awesome! I wasn't quite sure how this was going to turn out but Kittencal has never let me down. I made this for a Church function. It was gone in a flash. Unfortunately, I forgot to add my croutons. It was still really great. I also added Tyson Southwestern chicken strips. This is definitely a must try.
This salad was really good and easy to throw together. I served it with some trout we caught and it was perfect. Thanks for the recipe!
Loved it! Another hit from Kittencal.