Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
I strongly recommend not to omit the wine and lemon juice as it really brings out the flavor, the complete casserole may be assembled and refrigerated until ready to bake -- reduce the fat by using low fat sour cream and mayonnaise (do not use fat free, I suggest not to add in any extra salt
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets then lightly steamed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise (such as Hellman's, do not use salad dressing)
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1 3⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large celery rib, finely diced
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (can use more)
- 30 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Using paper towels pat dry the steamed broccoli florets to remove as much moisture as possible.
- In a large bowl combine both condensed soups with the next 7 ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Mix in the chopped chicken, broccoli florets, cheddar cheese, celery and chopped onion.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl combine the crushed crackers with melted butter, then sprinkle over the top.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly (this will thicken up more after baking).
We loved this - So very good! Be careful you don't overcook the broccoli which I have done many times on other recipes. This was perfect and goes into my favorites.
When ever I am looking for a recipe and I see one of Kittencals it is the one I always go with since I am assured of a great meal. And this time Kitz you have really done yourself proud, this is not the Chicken Divan I was used to, but ohhhh my gosh soooo much better. Creamy, flavorful, and totally yummy!!! I made this exactly per the recipe except used crushed Ritz Crackers rather than saltines since that is what I had on hand. We really enjoyed this meal, and I am going to make this up in a crockpot to take to a potluck the beginning of next month, I am sure to receive requests for the recipe, so will be printing up copies to take with me. <3
Excellent! Creamy and rich. I made 2 changes. One was to put a layer of cooked steamed rice on the bottom of the casserole dish and then top it with the chicken divan mixture. The other was to use bread crumbs instead of crackers because that's what I had on hand. This recipe made enough for me not only to feed my husband and my self but 2 8x8 pans for the freezer. I wouldn't hesitate to serve this to guests. Thank you so much for posting this Carol.