Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I strongly recommend not to omit the wine and lemon juice as it really brings out the flavor, the complete casserole may be assembled and refrigerated until ready to bake -- reduce the fat by using low fat sour cream and mayonnaise (do not use fat free, I suggest not to add in any extra salt
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets then lightly steamed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise (such as Hellman's, do not use salad dressing)
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1 3⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large celery rib, finely diced
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (can use more)
- 30 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Using paper towels pat dry the steamed broccoli florets to remove as much moisture as possible.
- In a large bowl combine both condensed soups with the next 7 ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Mix in the chopped chicken, broccoli florets, cheddar cheese, celery and chopped onion.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl combine the crushed crackers with melted butter, then sprinkle over the top.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly (this will thicken up more after baking).