1/4 Photos of Kittencal's Best Juicy Whole Roasted Chicken
25 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Follow this recipe and you will have the best juiciest roasted chicken on the planet, a larger roasting chicken may be used and this also works well with a small turkey with cooking times adjusted --- plan ahead for best flavor if using seasoned salt the chicken should chill overnight if using white salt there is no need for chilling time --- OPTIONAL get a lemon or two, use a fork and poke full of holes, then place into the cavity of the chicken, roast as stated, the chicken will be moist and have a faint lemon flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) whole chickens
- 1/4 cup warm melted butter
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt (can use less)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (use if you are a garlic-lover or use onion powder) (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 1 onion (cut into quarters)
- 1 large celery rib, coarsley chopped (can use a large whole lemon or two in place of the celery, see option on recipe heading)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth (makes a good base for gravy and stops the drippings from burning, can use more if desired)
- 1Wash chicken well with cold water inside and out.
- 2Pat dry using paper towels.
- 3In a bowl mix together 1/4 cup melted butter with vegetable oil, then rub all over the outside of the chicken.
- 4Season the inside of the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- 5Season the outside of the chicken with seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder (if using).
- 6Place the chicken into a glass dish; cover top of the dish tightly with plastic wrap.
- 7For best flavor cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 8Stuff onion quarters, chopped celery and/or a whole lemon/s and 2 tablespoons cold cubed butter into the cavity of the chicken, then tie legs together with butcher's twine or heavy cotton string.
- 9Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan (for extra juicy breast place breast side down on rack).
- 10Pour the low-sodium chicken broth into bottom of the roasting pan (keeps drippings from burning and makes a good base for gravy).
- 11Tent loosely with heavy foil.
- 12Set oven to 350°.
- 13Roast for about 1 hr and 10 minutes, basting with juice/liquid from the bottom of the roasting pan.
- 14Uncover and roast for about 20 minutes more (uncovered) or until internal temperature reaches 180°.
- 15Remove from oven and let rest (covered with foil) for about 20 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Best Juicy Whole Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.2
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 155.2 mg
- Sodium 255.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 31.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: