Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
I sometimes add in some dried herbs like oregano or basil it really adds tons of extra flavor, this recipes makes a lovely soft chewy crust and I don't think you will searching any further once you try this dough, it also makes great calzones :)
- 6 ounces warm water (3/4 cup)
- 3 teaspoons dry skim milk powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or use vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (can use more garlic)
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- Place all ingredients into the pan in order, or according to your manfacturer's directions (making certain to sprinkle the dry milk powder over the warm water).
- Press the dough cycle and start.
- Check the dough after about 4-5 minutes of kneading to see is more water or flour is needed to create a soft semi-sticky dough.
- When the machine signals the end of the cycle, remove the dough and knead gently into a tight ball on a lightly floured surface.
- Cover and let rest for 20 minutes (or at this point you can refrigerate for up to 24 hours or freeze).
- Stretch into desired size for your pizza pan.
- *Note* for a thicker crust, let the dough rise on the pan covered with a clean tea towel for about 20 minutes before topping with sauce and ingredients.
Awesome! I knew when I needed a pizza dough recipe to look to Kittencal. I was right. This was fantastic. Usually I dont like pizza dough, it has no flavor, but this was full of fantastic flavor, and great all on its own. I used the 1 tb garlic, and felt it was perfect. It gave it great flavor, but not an overwhelming garlic flavor. I did have to add about 1/3 cup more flour to the bread machine, and used another 1/4 cup when kneading. It made a very tender dough. I baked for 8 minutes in a 400 degree oven, then added the toppings and baked again. I am going to make it again this weekend and use the dough to make breadsticks for spaghetti. Great recipe!
Absolutely amazing! Made a margherita pizza tonight with this crust. I added fresh basil to it and used half the crust for a really good sized pizza. Put the other half in the freezer for next week. Other than adding the basil, didn't change a thing and it turned out perfectly.
Kittencal, you've done it again! I didn't see this when I looked for dough recipes before. SO HAPPY I found it this time! I made it three times over the weekend since finding it on Friday evening. LOVE the garlic in the dough. I added Italian Seasonings per the reviews, which is the perfect compliment to this dough. YUM! This is my "keeper" dough recipe now. Thanks!