Recipe by fawn512
I got this somewhere in the internet, these are great tasting healthy bread. I made them in rolls for less baking time Ü
Top Review by kjdjross
I used 1/2 cup honey, 2 cups water and 6 cups flour (3 cups whole wheat and 3 cups white) and left out the dough enhancer. I made cloverleaf rolls and baked for 15-20 minutes. The bread was awesome - even my husband loved it. I was quite lax on the rise times - it was a busy day. I put everythinginto my kitchenaid, mixed it, then left it to rise in the mixer (covered). I let it rest for 15 minutes, then ran the mixer at speed 2 for 10 minutes. I covered it again and left the house for 3 hours! I came back, ran the mixer for about 15 minutes and let rise again for almost and hour (in the mixer). Finally, I shaped the rolls, let rest for about 30 minutes then baked. The rolls were perfect!
- 5 cups whole wheat flour (i use around 6)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon bread enhancer (optional)
- 3 cups water, i only use 2 cups (120-130)
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 4 cups flour, yeat, salt,dough enhancer.
- Combine water, oil, honey. Add to dry. Mix until well distributed. Rest for 15-20min til double.
- Add the rest of flour. Mix using mixer until it cleans the sides of bowl. Add flour if needed.
- Knead until soft and smooth. About 10-15min.
- On floured surface, shape in 3 (7 1/2" loaf) place in greased loaf. Cover, rise until double.
- Bake at 350 30-35 minutes. I made them in rolls, baked for around 15min.