Low Sodium Salt Whole Wheat Bread
photo by Cliff_L
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 5mins
- 8 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vitamin C powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon soy lecithin
- 2 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons gluten flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon yeast
- Add all ingredients in the order specified for your bread machine.
- Set machine on whole wheat setting, 1 1/2 lb. loaf and start.
- Don’t omit the vitamin C powder (ascorbic acid); it is the key to making a low sodium loaf that does not collapse while baking. Available at Whole Foods & similar stores. 1250 mg of crushed vitamin C tablets may be used instead.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!