This is from the Sons of Norway website and is a favorite of mine. Authentic Norwegian Cooking by Astrid Karlsen Scott
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The Cake:Grind almonds twice, the second time with the confectioners' sugar.
- 2The almonds should have the consistency of flour.
- 3Whip the egg whites until stiff but not dry, and blend with the nuts.
- 4Divide and spread batter in two greased 9-inch (23 cm) springform pans, and bake at 320 degrees F (160 degrees C) 25 to 30 minutes.
- 5Cool slightly in pan before removing to rack to cool completely.
- 6Makes two 9-inch layers.
- 7Cherry Cream:Beat the cream until firm and glossy.
- 8Add eggs and confectioners' sugar which have been whipped together until light and fluffy.
- 9Stir in the chocolate sauce or syrup, and add cherry juice to taste.
- 10Place one cake layer on platter, baked side down, and cover with half of the cream mixture.
- 11Add second layer, baked side up, and top with remaining cream.
- 12Keep refrigerated until serving time.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kirsebaerkremkake- Cherry Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.0
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 136.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 24.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: