Recipe by PanNan
This is a different and delicious way to serve baked or rotisserie chicken. It's a Dutch recipe. We never have left overs. The prep and cook time does not include the time to bake a chicken. I usually start with a fresh hot rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Wonderful, easy and delicious. We loved this gravy - it is the best chicken gravy I have ever made. I was surprised at how flavorful this came out, considering the limited number of ingredients. We were all scooping extra gravy onto our plates. I did use a rotisserie chicken to go with this, and served with peas and steamed rice on the side. (See photo once it shows up)
- 1 chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper and baked in oven (or use a cooked store rotisserie chicken)
- 1 onion
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock (canned broth or bouillon is OK)
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream or 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice and saute onion in butter until lightly browned.
- Add curry powder and flour and stir for a few minutes to absorb the butter and brown a bit.
- Slowly add stock, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- Simmer for approximately ten minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile cut chicken into serving pieces and arrange on platter.
- Add creme or milk to the sauce, stir and pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve with rice.