Recipe by BachFromTheDead
A good pumpkin pie recipe; good for when you have the fixings laying around the house.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup lard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 15 1⁄2-16 ounces pumpkin puree
- optional spices
- ground nutmeg
- ground cinnamon
- ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE CRUST: Pre-heat the oven at 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and the salt. Cut in the lard and butter,mix by fingertips until it resembles small peas or coarse crumbs. Using a fork, lightly stir in the egg and vinegar.
- If the dough does not stick together enough to pull away from the sides of the bowl, stir some cold water, approximately 1 tablepoon at a time. Form dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and lay into a mildly buttered pie pan (here you can creative and be all decorative with the crust); set aside.
- FOR THE FILLING:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the pumpkin puree into a large bowl. Add the melted butter and mix well. Mix in the brown sugar, eggs, half 'n' half, spices, and the vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and pour into the unbaked crust.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 60 minutes, or until the filling is set (insert a knife into the center.If it comes out clean then the filling is set). Serve either hot or cold with whipped cream.