Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A dish that is easy to put together yet full of flavor.
- 1⁄4 cup lowfat margarine
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 3⁄4 ounces low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 14 1⁄2 ounces ro-tel tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Tear the corn tortillas into bite sized pieces.
- Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook pepper and onion in margarine until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add soups, Ro-Tel tomatoes (with green chilies) and chicken, stirring until well blended.
- Spray a 9x13" pan with Pam.
- Alternately layer tortillas, soup mixture and cheese, repeating for 3 layers.
- Bake 40 minutes at 325 or until hot and bubbling.
this has been a family favorite of my family forever. My BF will eat the whole thing if I don't grab a bite after I make it. It gets better after it sits in the fridge all night. I usually like to add a small saute onion and hot pepper... No matter what this is by far my favorite meal...
I had lost my Grandmothers recipe for this. Thanks Audrey for finding it for me. I was so excited to find this recipe, I didn't realize I was out of any form of tortillas and live too far out in the country to just run to the store, so I used spaghetti noodles. My family ate every bite. A new favorite casserole with noodles instead. but I like the corn tortillas best!
This is a great recipe!!! I will probably try this with tortilla chips next time to add a crunch but over all it was fantastic. It makes alot so if you have a small family I would half it.