Recipe by Audrey M
A dish that is easy to put together yet full of flavor.
Top Review by silveropes
this has been a family favorite of my family forever. My BF will eat the whole thing if I don't grab a bite after I make it. It gets better after it sits in the fridge all night. I usually like to add a small saute onion and hot pepper... No matter what this is by far my favorite meal...
- 1⁄4 cup lowfat margarine
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 3⁄4 ounces low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 14 1⁄2 ounces ro-tel tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear the corn tortillas into bite sized pieces.
- Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook pepper and onion in margarine until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add soups, Ro-Tel tomatoes (with green chilies) and chicken, stirring until well blended.
- Spray a 9x13" pan with Pam.
- Alternately layer tortillas, soup mixture and cheese, repeating for 3 layers.
- Bake 40 minutes at 325 or until hot and bubbling.