1/2 Photos of King Arthur Chocolate Bon-Bon Drops
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Got this in an email from King Arthur Flour and plan to make them for my Holiday tray. Described as tender, deep-chocolate cookies with a rich, sweet vanilla glaze. Bite-sized beauties perfect for a holiday cookie tray or hostess gift. Top with a chocolate pearl, bright red cherry, or chocolate sprinkles and each cookie is a jewel to the eyes and a gem for the tastebuds." Sounds good doesn't it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup dutch process cocoa
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1Place all cookie dough ingredients in bowl of your mixer.
- 2Beat on medium speed until a soft, smooth dough is formed.
- 3Remove from bowl, shape into a 3/4" thick disc.
- 4Wrap well in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes, or as long as overnight.
- 5Preheat oven to 350, line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 6Shape dough into small balls, about the size of a large gumball (a teaspoon cookie scoop will help).
- 7Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- 8Watch cookies carefully to avoid scorching bottoms.
- 9Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool slightly on pans while you prepare glaze.
- 10For glaze, blend the sifted confectioners sugar with heavy cream and vanilla.
- 11Glaze will be thick, almost icing consistency.
- 12Using a teaspoon, portion glaze over barely warm cookies.
- 13You can pipe the glaze from a piping bag or zip-top bag with a corner cut off as well.
- 14Top with chocolate pearls, slivers of maraschino cherry, or chocolate sprinkles. Store any leftovers at room temperature for up to a week.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for King Arthur Chocolate Bon-Bon Drops
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.6
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 100.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 1.0 g