No-Knead Garlic-Cheese Flatbread
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
12-18 servings of bread
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, lukewarm
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (plus additional for drizzling into the pan)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
Filling and Topping
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 -8 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- pizza seasoning or your favorite dried herbs, to sprinkle on top
- Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan, and drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the cheese and garlic, and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds.
- Add the cheese and garlic, beating gently just to combine.
- Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared pan, cover the pan, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, till it's become puffy.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375°F
- Sprinkle the dough with pizza seasoning, and/or the dried herbs of your choice, if desired.
- Bake the bread till it's golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, wait 5 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To make crunchy bread sticks: Cut day-old bread into 1/2" slices. Lay the slices on an ungreased baking sheet, and bake them in a preheated 350°F to 400°F oven till they're a light golden brown and crunchy, 15 to 25 minutes or so; keep your eye on them, as they brown quickly towards the end.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"