Recipe by FLKeysJen
This is great for potlucks or barbecues - so much more flavorful than regular coleslaw. The original recipe is from Bobby Flay but I changed it a bit. Note: the farther in advance you make this, the better it gets!
- 1 head cabbage, finely shredded (Napa is best)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup red chili pepper flakes (more if you dare)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cabbage, carrot and green onions in a large bowl.
- In a blender, combine vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chili flakes, and sugar, blending until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add the oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and gently toss.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 days before serving to let the cabbage wilt and the flavors meld.