Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a stronger version of the classic Sangria and should only be served to consenting adults. Seriously though, it is strong and it sort of creeps up on you if you are not careful. I serve it and my wine and tapa parties, on the terrace of my apartment (located at about the 1500 foot level overlooking the Mediterranean), however it really can be served anywhere with the same results.
- 3 (2250 ml) bottleinexpensive red wine or 3 (2250 ml) bottlebottled sangria
- granulated sugar (Omit if using bottled Sangria)
- 200 ml vodka
- 200 ml brandy
- 240 ml orange juice
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 2 (680.38 g) can 7-up
- An hour before serving:.
- Pour the wine into a large container (a large cooking pot will do).
- Add sugar until the wine tastes as sweet as you desire.
- Add the vodka, brandy, and orange juice, stirring well.
- Add the sliced fruit and stir to mix.
- Just before serving:.
- Add the Seven-Up, stirring gently.
- Add ice cubes to chill.
Served this for our BYOB housewarming party. Everyone abandonned their beer & rum & colas for the Sangria. Had to make 5 MORE batches during the night - even ran out of OJ, so substituted a mango-pineapple blend. Fantastic results, rave reviews. Making it again for a girls night - will definately triple the recipe this time!
Awesome, but I next time we are leaving out the 7-up and perhaps replacing it more brandy or vodka!