Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a stronger version of the classic Sangria and should only be served to consenting adults. Seriously though, it is strong and it sort of creeps up on you if you are not careful. I serve it and my wine and tapa parties, on the terrace of my apartment (located at about the 1500 foot level overlooking the Mediterranean), however it really can be served anywhere with the same results.
- An hour before serving:.
- Pour the wine into a large container (a large cooking pot will do).
- Add sugar until the wine tastes as sweet as you desire.
- Add the vodka, brandy, and orange juice, stirring well.
- Add the sliced fruit and stir to mix.
- Just before serving:.
- Add the Seven-Up, stirring gently.
- Add ice cubes to chill.